President Donald J. Trump Has Brokered a Historic Deal Between Israel and the Kingdom of Bahrain
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Donald Trump, Bahrain foreign minister Abdullatif bin Rashid Al-Zayani, and UAE foreign minister Abdullah bin Zayed wave from the Truman Balcony at the White House after they signed the Abraham Accord. (AFP)
“Now that the ice has been broken, I expect more Arab and Muslim countries will follow the United Arab Emirates’ lead.” President Donald J. Trump
SECURING ANOTHER HISTORIC AGREEMENT: President Donald J. Trump has brokered a deal to establish full diplomatic relations between Bahrain and Israel – the second such agreement between Israel and an Arab nation in less than one month.
- Israel and Bahrain have committed to begin the exchange of embassies and ambassadors, start direct flights between their countries, and launch cooperation initiatives across a broad range of sectors.
- This peace deal is a significant step forward for both Israel and Bahrain.
- It further enhances their security while creating opportunities for them to deepen their economic ties.
- This deal comes on the heels of the historic normalization agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.
- The United Arab Emirates and Bahrain are the first Arab nations to normalize relations with Israel in more than 25 years.
- The United States will continue to support the people of Bahrain as they work to counter terrorism and extremism, develop economically, and build new peaceful partnerships across the region.
- When President Trump took office, the Middle East was in a state of extreme turmoil.
- President Trump has worked to rebuild trust with our regional partners and identify their shared interests, moving them away from the conflicts of the past.
- Thanks to the President’s bold foreign policy vision and his acumen as a dealmaker, nations across the region are realizing the benefits of his thoughtful approach.
- As the President’s work continues, more Arab and Muslim countries will likely seek to normalize relations with Israel.
- Each country that normalizes relations will build upon the other, bringing peace and prosperity to the region and the people who live there.
- Thanks to President Trump’s leadership, the Arab world is experiencing the most rapid geopolitical transformation in more than a generation.
- As more countries normalize relations with Israel, the region is becoming more stable, secure, and prosperous.
- Expanded business and financial ties between economies will accelerate growth and economic opportunity across the region.
- Agreements with Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates also help to advance President Trump’s vision for finding a fair and lasting peace between Israel and the Palestinians.
- The United States will continue to stand with the people of the region as they work to build a brighter, more hopeful future.
After the signing Mincha